Shortly after the incorporation of IMA more than 40 years ago, the company’s founders showed true vision and commitment to the community by creating the IMA Foundation. With employee owners at the core of our business, the goal of the IMA Foundation is to represent the passions of our associates and make strategic contributions within the foundation focus areas.
IMA Foundation Vision: Empowering our communities to create opportunities which protect assets and make a difference.
IMA Foundation Mission: To provide philanthropic support in the communities where we work and live.
IMA is excited to announce our community report for 2019 is here. With over 12,000 volunteer hours completed by IMA associates, it’s clear our team is dedicated to making a difference where we live, work, learn and play. Here are a few quick highlights:
- Over 400 of our IMA associates, friends and families volunteered during IMA’s annual I Make a Difference Day
- Youth Mental Health was added as an area of giving under the IMA Foundation’s Advancing Youth focus area
- Our fundraising events, Ping Pong on the Plaza, Pickleball, Pickle Jam and Sandblast raised $300,000
- The IMA Foundation provided grants to nearly 100 nonprofit organizations
- IMA associates gave almost $135,000 in personal giving, and an additional $23,000 was donated by the IMA Foundation through our Matching Gifts program
The IMA Foundation focuses its efforts in three key areas:
To reduce the drop-out rate and offer a chance of quality futures for our young people.
- Mentoring programs
- After school programs
- Youth Mental Health*
Arts & Culture
To improve the quality of life in our communities through the arts.
- Cultural institutions
- Arts in Education programs that offer arts education programming in public schools
To support educational institutions so that young people graduate with increased skills and knowledge, resulting in a higher skilled workforce in the future.
- Educational institutions
- K-12 public education
- Higher education