Construction insurance for builders and contractors
The complex risk management challenges facing the construction industry require detailed specialization. IMA's deep experience and expertise arms you with the tools you need to navigate this complex environment of risk control, surety, contracts and more to mitigate your risk.
We want your business to succeed, and that starts with understanding your organization from the inside and out. Our technical professionals then work with you to identify, develop and deliver customized risk control strategies and tactics:
- Strategic thinking to advance safety and loss prevention
- Client-specific service plans
- Customized safety training
Want to see how we helped a civil construction client with risk control support? Click here.
In addition to services offered by traditional brokers, IMA provides:
- Contract Review* within the scope of insurance and risk management when entering into agreements with a third party
- Pre-underwriting your account to identify issues and proactively developing answers to potential underwriter questions
- An audit of your existing program(s) to identify coverage gaps and potential enhancements
- Coverage analysis to assist with selection options that fit your organization’s complexities
- Benchmarking with claim trending tools to assist in determining appropriate limits
- Claims specialists with legal and carrier backgrounds who understand construction claims
- Workers' compensation review to help reduce your experience mod factor
- Alternative risk transfer options (self-funding, captives, association programs, etc.)
- Loss sensitive programs
- International experience and resources
- Professional and pollution liability
- Contractor-led design build
- Aviation (manned and unmanned aircraft) expertise due to the rise in drone usage
- Cyber exposures due to the increase in construction cyber breaches
- Using Telematics to drive down risks and control losses
IMA is also active in the industry in legislative, education, and safety endeavors at the state and national levels. Additionally, the construction industry feels supported because of our constant desire to seek out alternative solutions to insurance and surety challenges.